Re: Comments on SMIL note

Geoff Freed wrote:
>Also in 2.2.3:
>"The second stream will be rendered if the user has configured the player to >prefer subtitles and Spanish."

>Add the word "audio" after "Spanish".

I don't think this is correct. Here is the example:

<par>
      <!-- audio section same as before -->
      <video src="video.rm"/>
      <textstream src="stockticker.rtx"/>
       <switch> <!-- captions or subtitles -->
           <textstream src="closed-caps.rtx"
                 system-captions="on"/>
           <textstream src="subtitles-es.rtx"
                 system-overdub-or-caption="caption"
                 system-language="es"/>
       </switch>
</par>

1) The "system-language" test attribute is not bound
   to spoken language only.

2) In the example, the attribute is used in the
   case where captions are preferred to overdubs.
   I don't understand why we would say that
   the second stream would be rendered when the user
   has configured the player with a preference for
   Spanish audio.

 _ Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814