last (fast) gasp for waicard10, closing Thursday a.m.

Wendy and Gregg were the only people who commented on waicard10.

The printers have to have it finalized by Thursday morning Feb 11.

Here's where we are:

1) I've copied Wendy Chisholm's message below. Please look at Wendy's image
map comment. I think her comment has been accounted for in our discussions,
but if others agree it should be changed to read "Use client-side MAP and
alt text for hotspots," please let me know, & that's what we'll do.

2) Also please look at Wendy's image & animations comment. This gets back
to the awkwardness of "function," however I am not sure that her proposed
alternatives "replaces" or "provides" don't invite other kinds of
confusion. So, unless there is agreement from the list on either of these
alternatives, we will leave as is.

3) Page organization. I thought our last version had "where possible" after
"Use CSS for layout and style." I cannot find the reference on EOWG list
for dropping the "where possible" following CSS. While I do feel strongly
that we should mention CSS here, I also feel that the caution is necessary.
I will add "where possible" back in unless someone clarifies a resounding
reason to leave those two words out.

4) "For Complete..." Gregg Vanderheiden has expressed additional concern
about people thinking that the Quick Tips are the final say in Web
accessibility, based on his observations of how people respond to the pilot
version when visitors come in to Trace. He requested that we move the URL
back to the bottom of the back and label it "For the rest of the guidelines
and checkpoints..." However given our discussions about people never
noticing the URL at the bottom of the back, and based on space constraints,
I have recommended the following, which the designer has been able to fit
in nicely: "FOR COMPLETE GUIDELINES & CHECKLIST; WWW.W3.ORG/WAI"  This is
in caps, set in an inverted band below the title & logos. Looks good;
stands out well; should entice people with the thought of a handy checklist.

5) Gregg also raised a concern that the second phrase of "multimedia"
doesn't make any sense ("provide... accessible versions in case
inaccessible formats are used). I am not sure what we can do to clarify
this, nor what we lose if we take this out, since this does not clearly
enough address the pdf-type file format issue which has come up repeatedly
& was sometimes mentioned in conjunction with this. If there are no
additional comments, I will leave as is. If someone can propose a simple &
non-controversial clarification without adding more than three additonal
words, kindly do so.

5) Making sure people turn the card over: We're adding an arrow in lower
right of front side, and printing the conference literature stuffer with
one tear-off card facing front & one facing back.

Comments welcome to w3c-wai-eo@w3.org by Thursday 11:00 a.m. US EST.

Thanks!

Judy