Re: WAI card

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 15:51:06 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI EO <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, William Loughborough wrote:

  I think that since this is mostly for an intro and entirely in English
  that it's OK to leave out the part about LANG.

CMN::
I completely disagree - the logical corrollary is that it would be ok to
leave it out of a card in Japanese is it were an intro for japan. (I
think).

WL::
  I still don't think the word "attribute" is ever necessary.  I still
  believe that some type-face semantics will get the point across.

  When I made my card at http://dicomp.pair.com/card.htm I moved the
  "Quick HTML..." and "Guidelines..." up so that they were between the
  logos and this enables at least 4 items on obverse side.  It is
  conceivable that if the title is "Quick HTML tips for Web accessibility"
  that this phrase could be in *10 POINT* thus looking more like a real
  title.  The sub-head might be "See www.w3.org/wai for details"

  5 Links  Use meaningfull link text. No "Click Here".  I really like this
  one.  It's actually "meaningful".

CMN::

Use meaningful link text. No "click here". Doesn't quite explain it -
click here is meaningful. What we are trying to capture is the idea that
it must make sense without a context. But I am having trouble thinking it
up.

Charles

  "Have data make sense when read cell by cell."
  "Make cell by cell reading sensible."

  --
  Love.
              ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE