Web Accessibility browser testsuite???

From: B.K. DeLong <bkdelong@naw.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:17:35 -0500
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Cc: <dsr@w3.org>
This may be being discussed in User Agent but has anyone thought to develop
a Web Accessibility test suite? As mentioned previously, the Mozilla team
is working hard to implement things like the TITLE, ACCESSKEY, and TABINDEX
attributes as well as elements like OPTGROUP, FIELDSET, and LEGEND. But
they have no real basis for what they should look like. I'd like to suggest
we take all of the accessibility issues mentioned in:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/HTML4-access

and create a test suite. I will volunteer to create the pages but I need
two bits of information:

1) What the function of each attribute/element is. For instance, the
FIELDSET element draws a box around a set of FORM fields and the LEGEND
child element is the label imbedded at the start of the box's border.

2) What, if any, browsers implement these attributes/elements correctly.
For example, the above mentioned elements are rendered correctly in IE5b2.

Please let me know what you think. Microsoft is starting to mention to
various people that they are "freezing" the code for IE5b2 which means any
feedback on bugs will soon be cut out of the next version. Netscape is
working hard on implementing full HTML 4.0 but needs guidance on how
certain attributes/elements should be implemented. Basically, I want to do
this ASAP if I do this at all.
--
B.K. DeLong                  360 Huntington Ave.
Director                         Suite 140CSC-305

http://www.world-webmasters.org
bkdelong@naw.org