RE: Proposal to remove "B.2.1.1" (was B.1.1.1)

Hi Alastair,

> Level A:   Provide the ability to use structural markup.

This could work, but will need a definition.

> Level AA:  	Default to structural markup.

Do you think in most cases this means some amount of auto-generation by the tool, in which case B.1.1.2 might cover it?

> Level AAA: 	Enforce structural markup.

ATAG2 doesn't usually require enforcement, might it not be enough that adding structure is possible (level A above) PLUS our existing checking SC?

Also, another SC that has bearing here is:
B.2.2.1 Accessible Option Prominence (WCAG): If authors are provided with a choice of authoring actions for achieving the same authoring outcome (e.g. styling text), then options that will result in accessible web content (WCAG) are at least as prominent as options that will not.

Cheers,
Jan

--
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.