RE: ATAG2: Proposal to strengthen SC(was B.1.1.1)

Hi Alex,

Some comments inline:

Imagine a WYSIWYG HTML editor that only allowed headings, images, links, text-style and text color. It would not be required to support accessible tables (for example), while it would be required to support alt-text, h1,h2,h3m etc. headings, etc.

> I also wonder how this would apply to WCAG 2.0 2.3.1 success criteria.
> For most situation, WCAG 2.0 2.3.1 is about not inserting flashing
> graphics/video.  Does it mean that the B.1.1.1 applies to the
> video/graphics production authoring tool only because you can't expect
> a tool that allows the insertion of graphics/video to make something
> stop flashing?  If so, then we need to remove "add" in the proposed
> wording.

I think we're ok here. The proposal is just saying that the author shouldn't be forced into a situation where they are breaking WCAG 2.0. A tool that "allowed" a flashing video to be added wouldn't be forcing the user. On the other hand, if the tool always added a big flashing banner ad that the author couldn't turn off, that would be a problem.

Cheers,
Jan