Re: [w3c-wai-au] <none>

Hi Tim,

At 16:34 20/08/2007, boland@nist.gov wrote:

>I think your proposal would be a positive change, but what about putting
>the "conformance" section up front in the document (before the guideline
>descriptions), because a conformance overview is what people might
>want to know
>about first and it would set the context for reading the detailed guidelines
>later?

Incidentally, that would be just the opposite of what we did in WCAG
2.0: we moved the conformance section to the end of the document
(just before the appendices) in response to a comment (LC-1310) on
the last call working draft. The commenter wrote:
"We would recommend placing the majority of the Conformance section
after the guidelines, not before, so that people actually reach the
guidelines without getting bogged down, and limiting the information
that precedes the guidelines to a brief description of the conformance levels."

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe