Re: Farily extensive external comments on ATAG 2.0 - Glossary comments [2]

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:39:21 -0500
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)

[2]

ATAG glossary should be consistent with WCAG 2.0 glossary. For example,
the definition of a keyboard interface. You may have a voice reco
system. Using a voice reco system to insert text should not be precluded
by having a physical keyboard to also do the insertion.

---

JR: Comparing the two glossaries, it looks like we can adopt the WCAG
definitions of the following words:

- audio description
- captions
- general flash threshold
- red flash threshold
- normative
- user agent

Words that we might want to add the ATAG glossary from the WCAG glossary:

- keyboard interface
- blink
- information that is conveyed by color
- multimedia
- non-text content  (would require also adding "Unicode" and "ASCII Art")

We can also mark the words that match exactly as WCAG does when they get
a term from DI etc.

Thoughts?

-Jan