RE: Reply Requested: All Group Mtg.-DETAILS Needed by 26 OCT. (fw d)

I agree with Phill that we should add DOM to the list, and that Voice and SVG
are more important to us than (X)HTML. SMIL 2.0 is currently in last call,
and expands considerably the capabilities that were there in SMIL 1, so I
think we shouold keep it high on our priority list.

Cheers

Charles

  Marjolein wrote:
  >my personal order of preference:
  >- XML/XHTML/HTML
  >- SMIL
  >- Style
  >- MathML

  I think that Voice, SVG, and DOM are more important to work on than XHTML
  or SMIL, since we have techniques for the latter.  We need to get ahead of
  the curve.  We need to put requirements on the new working groups to
  provide us with authoring scenarios that support accessibility while they
  are still working on the language/markup.  They should be able to create
  the scenarios [techniques] with guidance from the existing ATAG guidelines.

  I also think we need collaboration with internationalization on tools being
  developed for translation and collaboration with CC/PP on tools that will
  transcode or add meta information for CC/PP cable browsers and servers - so
  that we both know where they will benefit accessibility.

  Regards,
  Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
  IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
  11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able

September - November 2000:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France