Re: "to urge, suggest or dictate"

THe approach outlined by Jan (below) is the same as that discussed and agreed
by the working group last year. I am happy to go along weith that.

Charles McCN

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Jan Richards wrote:

JT
  > Beyond the implementation details the sticking points we can't reach
  > agreement on are:
  > - whether the prompt requires author response or requests author response

  JR: Part of this issue is the question, "what counts as a response?".
  Some seem to be arguing that this must be a one issue notice of some
  kind with a dismiss button of some sort (i.e. OK or Cancel). I would
  argue that displaying multiple issue dialog boxes, such as a properties
  dialog with emphasis on the missing field, counts because the user is
  responding to all the requests when they close the box.  This is not
  perfect, but it is far preferable to an annoying single issue box that
  can be quickly and permanently disabled.