Re: Thoughts on ERT and AU

After attending the AU-ERT meeting, I'm leaning away from the merger
idea.  ERT has a much wider focus than I was expecting.  In particular,
I think they see themselves as more of an Evaluation (of documents,
authoring tools, browsers) and Repair (of documents on the authoring or
browsing end) Tools group.

Althought the AERT document is closely related to the AU work, the rest
of the things they are planning are not as related.

I do however, support the idea of joint conference calls once a month,
as was proposed at the meeting.  Perhaps this will lead to closer
coordination without a merger.

Jan

--
Jan Richards