Re: Prompting Techniques Appendix

Jan,

At 14:37 2000-04-05 -0400, Jan Richards wrote:
>Thanks for the quick reply.
>
>There is not much I can do about your first point.  I just attached all
>six files and that's how it came out.

Maybe a function of the email client you use? Some setting you may change? I have specifically set my mail client to *not* render HTML and yet this happens (and before with mail from you) but I've been sent email with HTML attachments from others where it does not happen.

>process of looking at a dialog is more of a hassle than dragging and
>dropping but "intrusive" may be the wrong word.

Which is more of a hassle is entirely up to the user: if you need more than the basic attributes, the dialog may actually be *less* of a hassle because everything is available in the single dialog while with a dragged image (producing the tag) you may have to add the  other attributes afterwards. You never get the dialog unless you ask for it.

>Cheers,
>Jan
>
>Marjolein Katsma wrote:
> >
> > Although I did no more than a quick scan of the text yet, I have two comments:
> >
> > 1. I have some trouble deciding which image goes where (images show up as attachments, the text doesn't - so maybe that is the problem)
> >
> > 2. In - 4. Types of Prompting, Prompts -
> >
> > you state:
> >
> > [HomeSite example] "Although the dialog itself is in some sense intrusive, the inclusion of the Alt. Text field, once the dialog is displayed, would not be considered intrusive."
> > But I don't see how the tag editing dialogs can ever be "intrusive": the user has many ways to enter or edit each tag (including just typing the code), and a tag editing dialog is only ever displayed at the user's specific request.

Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/
Bookstore for Webmasters - http://hshelp.com/bookstore/bookstore.html