Priorities and Conformance

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:04:04 +0900
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Just found the following:

1.3 Ensure that templates provided by the tool conform to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines [WAI-WEBCONTENT].
              [Priority 1 for level-A conformance, Priority 2 for double-A conformance, Priority 3 for triple-A conformance]

Very confusing: I first read it to say that for better conformance,
this point has lower priority. Didn't make sense at all.

One way it makes sense to me is to say "Priority 1 stuff of the *Content*
guidelines is required for level-A conformance of *Authoring*".
The other way round, it can also make sense: "Level-A conformance
stuff from *Content* GLs is Priority 1 for *Authoring*.

Anyway, I guess a clarification is necessary.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org