Re: New Working Draft

I agree with Jutta - a structure view is a good idea, and it fits into
navigation.

Amaya provides two sorts of structure view - one is the "table of
contents" which is made up of the headings in the document, nested
according to their level, and the other is a structured view of the
document source and the parent/child relationships of the varous elements.

Charles

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Jutta Treviranus wrote:

  At 2:31 PM -0500 3/5/99, William Loughborough wrote:

  >I still propose 3.1.3 to emphasize that just a text view is not enough
  >and that the "structure tree" is important to authoring and not just to
  >navigating.  In Amaya, if I'm not mistaken it is possible to do certain
  >editing functions directly from the structure view?

  I agree that we need to mention a structure view. I think it can fit into
  the navigation guideline because this would refer to navigation for editing
  not browsing and it would include controls to move around, edit and switch
  between views.

  Jutta

phone: +1 617 258 0992   http://purl.oclc.org/net/charles