RE: non-specialized HTML generators

I'm only trying to say - if you see a bug:  report it!  Not everything has
to be a policy matter...

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charlesn@srl.rmit.EDU.AU]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 1998 10:32 AM
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Subject: RE: non-specialized HTML generators

I think that rather than address specific concerns (eg I hate the way
Word produces HTML with font markup tags) I think the real concern is
will Microsoft implement the AU guidelines in the various tools which
provide HTML publishing as a secondary function, such as Word, Publisher,
etc. It seems that there is some debate as to whether we should ask this
of Microsoft (and everyone else in the same position) and I think the
answer is very emphatically yes we should.