Re: Interest in Translating WCAG Accessibility Guidelines into Hindi and Hinglish

Dear Charmaine Paul,
Cc: group-wai-translations

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We welcome and encourage
different types of translations, including Volunteer and Authorized
translations.

"Volunteer Translations" can be developed by any individual or
organization, with the goal of helping to expose W3C resources to a much
more diverse set of readers. More information (including the translation
process) can be found at:
https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/

"Authorized Translations" can be used for official purposes in languages
other than English. Examples include: a standardization authority in a
country that wishes to standardize on a W3C Recommendation, but requires
the usage of a local language; or a local government plans to reference
the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines in their regulations, but
requires a translation of the guidelines in the local language to do so.
More details are available at:
https://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy.html

The WAI Team provides a more detailed guide on translating WAI
resources, at:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/about/translating/

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or for more information.

Kind Regards,
Xueyuan
--
Xueyuan Jia, W3C Marketing & Communications