Review Summary - Re: [review period - step 4] Arabic Candidate Authorized Translation (CAT) for WCAG 2.1

Dear all,

The public review period on the Arabic Candidate Authorized Translation
for WCAG 2.1 was over. I am relaying the review summary to the general
translators' mailing list, which has been shared on the dedicated
mailing list for review process:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-auth-trans-ar/2021Oct/0000.html

Text forwarded as below:
---------------------
Dear Xueyuan,
Dear Reviewers Committee Members of Authorized Arabic Translation WCAG2.1,

With many thanks to you, I am pleased to announce that we completed
today the process of Authorized Translation into Arabic the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines.

In January 2020, Mada, a W3C member, sent a letter of intent[1] to lead
the Authorized Arabic Translation of WCAG 2.1 as Lead Translation
Organization (LTO) following the Policy for Authorized W3C
Translations[2] with support of W3C GCC Chapter and Morocco Chapter.
Starting from, a call for reviewers was launched according to W3C
translation policy to cover all domains and fields that refer to web
accessibility guidelines. The call was appreciated by Arab experts who
requested to join to reviewers’ committee of the Authorized Arabic
Translation. 49 organizations and independent experts joined the board
and start the review of a tentative translation made by Mada Center.

During online meetings, most of the experts agreed to establish a
glossary towards unifying terminology and translation. For that, Mada
developed and published the Mada ICT Accessibility and Assistive
Technology Glossary[3] called “Mada Glossary” as a reference that aims
to provide a list of terms in Arabic and English to help stakeholders,
experts, innovators, parents, users, teachers, therapist, and relevant
entities to understand key terminologies related to ICT, Accessibility,
and Assistive Technology.

The review period started on April 14, 2021[4] where W3C announces a
review period of at least 30 days of the CAT on the translators' mailing
list, public-auth-trans-ar@w3.org (archived at
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-auth-trans-ar/) as the
public review list for the Arabic translation. All comments on the CAT
must be sent to this list. Postings to the mailing list may either be in
the language of translation or in English.

By Sept 20, 2021, 39 reviewers submitted a “No Objection” response to
the final reviewed candidate of the Authorized Arabic Translation WCAG
2.1 and 10 reviewers didn’t participate in the review process.  The
attached report presents a translation report log and all discussions
done by the reviewers’ committee to confirm the final tentative
translation of the Authorized Arabic Translation WCAG 2.1.

Here is the final version of the translated version:
https://mip.mada.org.qa/arabic-wcag2.1/index.html

And below are all related links to the project:

     Expert Working Group:
https://aiaeg.mada.org.qa/working-group/authorized-arabic-translation-wcag2-1/

     Feedback Link: https://cutt.ly/gEQWFp7
     Errata Permanent Link:
https://aiaeg.mada.org.qa/working-group/authorized-arabic-translation-wcag2-1/wcag-2-1-errata/

     Mada Glossary: https://glossary.mada.org.qa/
     Github: https://github.com/madainnovation/arabic-wcag-2.1

  Thanks again for all your efforts and time. We really appreciate your
contribution to this project.

Regards,
Dr. Achraf Othman
Mada Center, Qatar