De: Shawn Henry [mailto:shawn@w3.org]
Enviado el: 20 June 2019 21:24
Para: Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo <emmanuelle@sidar.org>; w3c-translators@w3.org; Martin Alvarez-Espinar <mlvarez@w3.org>; public-wai-translations@w3.org; Carlos Muncharaz Rodriguez <cmuncharaz@consultoria.ilunion.com>
Asunto: Re: Spanish translations of W3C accessibility resources - coordinating language

Hi Emmanuelle, Martin, all,

I encourage coordination among all the stakeholders interested in Spanish accessibility materials.

Emmanuelle, I was not aware that you were forming a translation review team of Spanish-speaking stakeholders. I assume it will be best for you to continue that effort. I am sure that Martin will say how he can help. :-)

Please include these individuals who are translating other W3C accessibility materials (in reply to [1]):
* Carlos Muncharaz Rodríguez <cmuncharaz@consultoria.ilunion.com>
* Jorge Rumoroso <rumoroso@gmail.com>
* Martin Alvarez-Espinar <mlvarez@w3.org>

Will it work for the stakeholder team to document decisions on translations of specific words and phrases in this Glossary?
 https://github.com/w3c/translation-glossaries/blob/master/Castellano-Spanish.md

---

Emmanuelle, do you know the status of the WCAG translations?
* I see that WCAG 2.0 progressed to a Candidate Authorized Translation <http://www.sidar.org/traducciones/wcag20/es/>. I don't see that it was finalized.
* I see that CONADIS PERU intends to translate WCAG 2.1 <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2019AprJun/0004.html>. I don't see that that is intended to be an Authorized Translation.

---

I think that reviewing and polishing the WCAG 2.1 translation will take some time, especially since it is a W3C standard.

I think that we might be able to publish the informative resources sooner and revise/iterative them as needed. As a reminder [1], the other resources we are focusing on translating are listed here: <https://www.w3.org/WAI/about/translating/#priorities>

I look forward to additional insights and contributions.

Best regards,
~Shawn

[1] Translating WAI Accessibility Resources https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2019JanMar/0021.html