Re: Spanish translations of W3C accessibility resources - coordinating language

Hi Martin and all:

For my part I was collecting representatives from most of the
governments of Spain and Latin America, as well as spokespersons for
various entities representing persons with disabilities to form a team
responsible for reviewing the translation of the WCAG 2.1 that CONADIS
Peru has sent to do, in order to reach an agreement as broad and
representative as possible to define the formal translation of that
document.

Given the assignment of Martin to review all these proposals for
translation of various documents that have emerged lately, it is not
clear to me whether the WCAG 2.1 would also be included.

If this were the case, what would be done would be to notify the people
already designated by their governments or entities to contact you.

If this were not the case, I will continue with the process of forming
the translation review team in order to obtain a translation accepted
and acceptable to all Spanish-speaking stakeholders.

Waiting for your notices a greeting,

/Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo/
Patrono Fundador y Directora General
Fundación Sidar - Acceso Universal
email: emmanuelle@sidar.org
http://sidar.org

El 20/06/2019 a las 18:27, Martin Alvarez-Espinar escribió:
> Thanks for the introduction, Shawn.
>
> I'll be glad to have a look and coordinate, those translations. I
> think, at this point, we can start using the Github [es] issues. In
> case we'd need more discussions, we'll ask for that specific mailing
> list.
>
> Best,
>
> Martin
>

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 5:58 PM Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org
> <mailto:shawn@w3.org>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Martin, Carlos, Jorge, Gabriela, and other Spanish translators,
>
>     Thank you for your recent work translating W3C accessibility
>     resources into Spanish. And, Carlos, for your efforts to
>     collaborate on wording for the translations. As you know, this is
>     a particular challenge given the different dialects of Spanish.
>
>     Martin Alvarez Espinar has stepped up to coordinate that effort.
>     Martin is the head of the W3C Spanish Office
>     <https://www.w3c.es/Personal/Martin/> and has experience
>     translating W3C-related terms in Spanish.
>
>     Martin started a Glossary where you all can document your
>     decisions on words and phrases at:
>     https://github.com/w3c/translation-glossaries/blob/master/Castellano-Spanish.md
>
>     Please let me know how I can help with coordination. For example,
>     I can set up a specific mailing list where you can exchange
>     information on Spanish language translation, if you would like.
>     You are also welcome to use Issues in
>     github.com/w3c/translation-glossaries
>     <http://github.com/w3c/translation-glossaries> -- if so, please
>     preface them with [es] in the title.
>
>     I will send a separate e-mail about specific resources that you
>     are translating.
>
>     Best regards,
>     ~Shawn
>     <http://www.w3.org/People/Shawn/>
>

> --
> Martin Alvarez Espinar
> W3C Spain Office Manager        tel.:+34 984390616
> http://www.w3c.es/Personal/Martin martin@w3.org <mailto:mlvarez@w3.org>

---