Re: Restarting W3C Volunteer Translation Tracking

Am 14.11.18 um 13:41 schrieb Jean-Christophe Helary:

>> On Nov 14, 2018, at 15:33, Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com
>> <mailto:jens@meiert.com>> wrote:

> Creating a hash for the validated file and checking its value regularly
> does not seem to be a very ressource expensive process.
>
> Also, requiring that translations are hosted on a vcs like github allows
> to easily check the diff if the hash value is changed.
I thought about the hash, too.
If somebody wants to abuse this system, that somebody will just add
stuff with JS or put in some information around it. So the easy hash
system works out to be more complex, and who would do that work to make
it fool proof?

Also in case of correcting typos you would have to go the process all
the way again which will generate some work depending on the level who
maintains the hash.

A Github type hosted translation might be a better approach in this case.

Personally I like to host my translations on my own site. If I have done
the work for free, at least I like to have that material under my wings.

How about a five minute video identity proof before you get linked?
Or is that too much of a hurdle? Probably keeps most of the black sheep out.

Stefan