Re: Italian - Intention of translation - Web Accessibility Perspectives

From: Federico Santandrea <federico@xylant.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 19:08:09 +0200
To: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
CC: w3c-translators@w3.org,Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Il 08/10/2016 10:27, Shadi Abou-Zahra ha scritto:
> Dear Federico,
>
> Thank you for your interest in translating this resource. In case you
> use GitHub, you may find it easier to clone the entire resource and
> create a translated copy of it:
>  - https://github.com/w3c/wai-showcase-examples/

Dear Shadi, as you suggested I have forked the resource to create a
translation.

I have a question about this: how should I handle links to other,
not yet translated resources? Is there some standard for that?

I think a sensible way would be doing all of the following:

  - leave external articles titles in English, but translate
    accompanying description and text near it;

  - apply a CSS class to the links, to visually mark that they are
    in original language; eventually attach a textual description
    of that, for screen readers;

  - add a header/footer telling users that marked links are not
    yet translated.

But, I don't want to reinvent the wheel in case something is
already in place.

--
Federico