Re: Changed page at W3C

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 10:39:44 +0100
To: Kirill Topolyan <kirill@topolyan.com>, w3c-translators@w3.org, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
On 31/05/2016 10:14, Kirill Topolyan wrote:
> A few days ago I decided to translate the page "About the translations / hints for translators" into Russian and Ukrainian. Pages with old translation did not exist.
> I informed about it and then send the completed translation into Russian.
>
> I received an email from Ishida that this page is subject to change, but I thought that these changes are minor and I can also add them later.
>> cc+ Kiril, since he may want to wait or change his mind about translating that page
>
> But now I see that changed not only the text of the page, but also the entire structure.
>
> Now there is an old translation: https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating.ru.html
>
> The important thing is that I have read it in the Web archive, and I noticed that this translation is quite poor quality, the author translated it as much as possible automatically and did not understand what he says.
>
> I have tried to provide a much better quality.
>
> I think that my translation is better, besides there is a newer version (and I can change to the current): http://topolyan.com/w3c/Style/translating-ru.html
>
> So what are we going to do?

Kiril, this is a question for Bert Bos, i think. I'm adding him to the
cc list, since i don't think he's on the w3c-translators list.  I'll
just note, in the meantime, that my understanding is that he is still
intending to make a number of changes to the text at
https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating.  I'll let him respond.

hope that helps,
ri