Re: [FR] Trying to make well coded translation - Text shadows - CSS tips

Hello Justin,

Thanks for your translation! The file works fine. You can see the result
here: http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/text-shadow.fr.html

Let me know if there is anything to change.

Whether you want to (attempt to) translate the text of the examples is your
choice.

I've inserted some answers to your questions below:

On Thursday 09 July 2015 23:08:13 Xueyuan Jia wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Please look in the source of the page which you translate, you will see
> a comment near the top which explains what is supposed to be translated.
>
> Comment as below:
> <!-- Editors & translators, please, edit learning.en.tmpl, not .html -->
>
> And you can find more details about the translation rules from
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating
>
> *Please, make sure you add Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, the owner of the
> document, in the to: or cc: when you have completed the translation.
>
> Thanks,
> -Xueyuan Jia
>   W3C Communications Team
>   mailto:xueyuan@w3.org
>
> On 2015/7/5 4:33, Alain TernauteG wrote:
> > [EN]
> > Hello,
> > I have translated the content of this page to French:
> > http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/text-shadow
> > I translated the main content of the page. But I'm quite a noob. I did
> > notunderstandthe translation rules. :-s
> > Do I also translate the navigation menu, the footer, etc. ? Should I add
> > the statements of the HTML header?...
> > I copied the page source code and I translated from 'body' tag to the
> > last section (div id=glow). And I added a 'html' tag with lang attribute
> > at the begining.

It is indeed not necessary to translate the menus and other navigation
elements. To make translation easier, each of the pages about CSS has a
version without navigation. In this case it is

    http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/text-shadow.en.tmpl

> > (I have seen lots of 'p' tags that are not closed. Is it normal?)

Yes, that's normal. HTML allows a number of abbreviations like this. Most of
the time the </p> is not required. Each <p> automatically closes the
preceding <p>. That means it is a question of taste if you want to put the

Bert

PS. The translation shows your name at the top. Many translators like to
make their name a link to their home page. If you have such a page, I can
link it. Just tell me.