Tip about Ukrainian translations - Re: i want to help

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:10:29 +0200, QSJN 4 UKR <qsjn4ukr@gmail.com> wrote:

> We need more communications between
> ·consumers, who need to see some documents in some translation
> ·translators, who can make it
> ·editors, who can verify and correct the translations
> ·and publisher (it’s you, Coralie).
> Live example. In Ukrainian translations there is many times repeated
> translation is Ukrainian word «письмо» (ukr. скрипт = scenario, письмо
> = writing). How can i help to fix it? No way! While the document is
> not published i can’t know the errors, if it is — let it be:
> half-ukrainian-half-latin translation is better than nothing at all.

Hello

Thanks for writing!

I am taking the above as a tip for Ukrainian translators, which I assume
comes from a person knowledgeable enough in Ukrainian to provide the tip.

Paraphrasing the author above:
("writing"), which is preferred over «скрипт» ("scenario").

I invite the author as well as other volunteers who master Ukrainian to
add to that tip.

I haven't written it in a while; I invite all volunteers to share
translation tips, and tips in the languages they master, in this forum
(please, use flags in your subject line to help people identify the topic
by its subject line).

   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - B219 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33492387590 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/