some - einige
several - einige, mehrere
most - die meisten

If I talk about 10 items, I would say
wenige, if I talk about 2 or 3 of them,
einige, if I talk about 3 to 7,
mehrere, if I talk about 5 to 8,
die meisten, if I talk about 6 to 9.

Using these terms, somebody is not counting properly or does not see
the need to be precise, so maybe we should not be so particular about
this too.

To translate "several" with "einige" is right, since it is not really
quantifiable.
But I would prefer "mehrere", if I know, the percentage of what I
talk about is more than 70%, on the other hand I would say "einige",
if I know it is less than 50%. So there is more than one right
translation. If I do not know any percentage, any of these two will
do.

Ahmed, you might have thought of "mehrere", what is close to "die
meisten".

The above reflects the personal opinion of a native German, who
thinks, there is no need to make language an object of science, since
it is changing every day so much. ;-)

Have a nice day
Stefan