Re: Re[2]: amaya browser - ru/ukr translation

On Mon, 25 May 2009 05:47:31 +0200, Dmitry Y. Krasnikov
<dk-resume@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Здравствуйте, Coralie.
>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> Does anyone translating amaya browser pages www.w3.org/Amaya/ into
>>> ru/ukrainian language?
>>> the last message is dated in the middle of 2008 yr.
>>>
>>> since there are no activity i would like to do this translation.
>
>> Hello Dmitry
>
>> I seem to recall we used to have translations of the Amaya pages into
>> Russian and Ukrainian. But the maintener of the pages had to remove them
>> at the beginning of this year, because one was no longer hosted there
>> (404) and the other contained too many promotional links.
>
> Natalia Rodionova has contacted me and told that russian translation
> is almost done so i can either join or  take another one.
>
> As for
> ukrainian translation i saw amayaproject.net that is  completely
> translated part. maybe exactly it was removed due to promotional links
> - however should i renew/update Evgeny Ponomarev ukrainian translation
> and maintain that or we do not realy need this? amataproject.net is
> unlinked
> from main page of amaya.

Dear Dmitry

I apologize for taking so long to reply.

Yes, early this year, some clean up was done with regard to the
translations of the Amaya homepage, and the Russian, Kazakh and Ukrainian
translations were taken down because they simply no longer existed. As you
pointed out, we are aware of the existing effort to translate it into
Russian, by Natasha Rondinova

If you're still up for providing a stable translation of the Amaya home
page, you are welcome to proceed. Thanks a lot in advance.

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/