CAT - Re: Translate set of WAI documents into Chinese Simplified

Dear Dengfeng Yao

Thanks for writing.

We have not heard back from Leo Hong since the message of 12 January 2009.
This person might (or not) be working on translating the announced
documents. This person is not subscribed to the w3c-translators@w3.org
mailing list (at least not with the e-mail address used back in January).
If you are interested in translating the same documents, I recommend you
contact Leo Hong to find out about progress.

Even if Leo Hong is working on the translations, that should not prevent
you from expressing your intention to become the LTO for an Authorized
Translation of WCAG 2.0 into Chinese Simplified. To the best of my
knowledge, nobody is considering a Chinese Simplified translation of WCAG
2.0. I have cc'ed Shadi Abou-Zahra from the WAI Team so that he's aware of
your intention.

As far as the Policy for Authorized Translation is concerned, the W3C
expects you to find the stakeholders that will be involved throughout the
project.

Note that there is a W3C Office in China, their Web page is at:
http://www.chinaw3c.org/aboutchinaw3c.en.htm

For the record, Step1 of the Policy:

[[# Lead Translation Organization (LTO) Submission of Intent:

    1. An organization, interested in becoming the LTO for developing an
authorized translation of a specific W3C document, notifies W3C of their
intention using the general public translators' mailing list. This
notification must include:
          1. identification of major and relevant stakeholder organizations
with which the LTO will coordinate the review of the translation. The
notification should clearly identify the nature and the address of each of
those organizations, and why that group constitutes an appropriate
representative of the local community. If there is a W3C Host or Office in
that country, it must be part of that group. Note also the requirements
with regard to representation (see additional note 'b' below) particularly
for WAI documents, and prior translation of a lexicon (see additional note
'c' below).
          2. indication that the stakeholder organizations have already
been invited to participate in the process, and have agreed to do so.]]

cf. http://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy.html

--
Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR