Re: Priority for translations to French ?

On vendredi 06 mars 09, at 22:55, Richard Ishida wrote:

> Bonjour Jean-Christophe,
>
> I you want to translate Internationalization articles, look at
> http://www.w3.org/International/articlelist.fr.php . If the title of
> an
> article is not in French, it is open for translation.

Richard,

What about the top page to start with ?

http://www.w3.org/International/articlelist.fr.php

I suppose the titles are generated automatically but the chapter heads
seem to be static ? I've checked the other languages and none seems to
have adapted the chapter heads yet.

Also, if I may suggest something, when I open:

http://www.w3.org/International/

I do not see any path to a "French" (or any other language) section of
I18n.

The "translate" item links to the subset of documents that are
translated but not to the "articles list" page you linked above.

Last but not least, the links with French titles from the
articlelist.fr.php page are all (as far as I checked) pointing to
language versions other than French...

Anyway, I think the Internationalization activity could benefit from
having a Wikipedia-like "language navigation column" where each and
every page links to all the other language variations.

Right now it is extremely difficult to find language specific contents
(and the whole W3C site seems to be like that...)

Jean-Christophe Helary