Re: I need to volunteer to translate to Thai Language.

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:25:33 +0100, Alisa Brookshield
<babieintown@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> My name is Siam.
> I see nobody volunteer to translate the page
>
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/Style
> http://www.w3.org/Style/styling-XML
> http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/
>
> I think it would be benefit for Thai people to have these article in
> Thai.
> And i am planning to translate most part from W3.org as i can, which i
> hope
> it would help Thai people to understand W3C technology.
>
> However i saw that in some language  beside English the translation is
> host on other websites (not on W3.org.) eg.
> http://www.w3.org/Style/LieBos2e/enter/
> I wonder if i can host my translation in Thai language on my website
> and point links from the original page to my websites as well.
> If it is all right. I can start  translate immediately  and i guess to
> take 1-2 day per articlet
>
> Regards
> Siam Komtipayarat

Dear Siam

Thank you for volunteering! You may proceed with the above mentioned
translations.

You are welcome to host your translations on your own website. We'll place
links to them on the original documents as well as in the Translations
database. (Please, let me know of the spelling of your name in Thai
alphabet).

In addition to the following cover page:
Web Style Sheets, CSS tips & tricks
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/Overview.html

Will you translate the individual examples?:

Figures & captions
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/figures.html
A pinned-down menu
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/menus.html
Indented paragraphs
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/indent.html
Alternative style sheets
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/alternatives.html
A confetti menu
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/maps.html
Getting rid of colored scrollbars (user style sheets)
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/scrollbars.html
Even/odd: coloring every other row
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/evenodd.html
A tabbed interface
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/target.html
A chart comparing font styles
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/fonts.html
Horizontal and vertical centering
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/center.html
Boxes with drop shadows
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/shadows.html
Text shadows
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/text-shadow.html
Rounded boxes and unsharp shadows
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/roundshadow.html

Thanks in advance.

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/