Re: CSS 2.1 - Re: Czech translation of CSS 2.1 reference

On Monday 17 of November 2008 15:06:23 Coralie Mercier wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:06:55 +0100, Stanislav Kocanda <s.kocanda@post.cz>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi. Several people have stated here, that they will translate CSS
> > specification into the Czech language. My intent is to translate the CSS
> > 2.1
> > reference, but I am not very sure, if there isn't anybody doing the same
> > already.
> > Please, you who do this translation, let me know. Though I will continue
> > my
> > work and inform you when it is finished.
> > Regards
> >
> > Stanislav Kocanda
>
> Dear Stanislav
>
> Please, note that CSS 2.1 is a Candidate W3C Recommendation, at the moment.
>
> If you translate it out of a specific need, this is fine by me, but note
> that we usually recommend that people translate stable documents such as
> Recommendations, group notes as well as outreach documents (FAQs,
> tutorials, articles).
>
> More at
>    http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#docs
>
> Best regards,
> Coralie

Thanks for your reply, Coralie.

You are right, that CSS 2.1 is in the CR stage. Nevertheless, I don't consider
translating CSS2 as useful, even if it is the "newest" CSS recommendation.
CSS 2.1 will probably turn into the recommendation some day (Will? Is there
any supposition that it will meet the CR stage exit criteria soever?). CSS
2.1 is in the CR stage for more than one year and it definitely forms the
basic standards, which most of the web developers, like me, try to follow.

Anyway, if it isn't a big problem, I will continue translating this CR stage,
and when the final recommendation is released, I will try to adjust my
translation with respect to the differences.

Have a good day.
Sincerely

Stanislav Kocanda