Re: WCAG 2

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:09:22 +0100, Máté Pataki <Mate.Pataki@w3c.hu> wrote:

> Dear Coralie,
>
> we wish to translate the WCAG 2 documents into Hungarian. The Ministry
> of Social Affaires and Labor initiated this since they would need this
> translation very early next year for a project to enhance accessibility
> issues in Hungary.
>
> We are aware of the status of the documents and translation policies
> of W3C, yet the offer and the resources are for now and the need is
> urgent as there are no document available in Hungarian.
>
> The list of documents is as follows:
>  - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
>  - Techniques for WCAG 2.0
>  - Understanding WCAG 2.0
>  - How to Meet WCAG 2.0
>  - Introduction to Web Accessibility
>  - Essential Components of Web Accessibility
>  - How WAI Develops Accessibility Guidelines through the W3C Process:
> Milestones and Opportunities to Contribute
>  - WAI Quick Tips
>  - Overview of the Web Accessibility Initiative
>  - Implementation Plan for Web Accessibility
>  - Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility: Overview
>  - How People with Disabilities Use the Web
>  - WCAG 2 FAQ
>  - Overview of WCAG 2.0 Documents
>  - Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization:
> Overview
>  - Improving the Accessibility of Your Web Site
>
> Best regards,
>
> Máté
>
> --
> Máté Pataki
> W3C Hungarian Office coordinator
> Tel: +36 1 279 6269
> Fax: +36 1 279 6200

Hello Máté

Thank you for writing.

The WAI translation priorities list at
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/translation.html#priorities> had been recently
updated.
Please, check the status of these documents in the updated page.

For example, we no longer recommend translating "WAI Quick Tips" and
instead suggest "WCAG 2.0 at a Glance"
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance/>.

Also, some of these documents will be significantly revised in the next
two months, and you might want to wait for the revisions before
translating.

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/