Re: translations to turkish language ready

Hi Nilgün

I too, prefer when translations are worked on / endorsed by native
speakers. But when volunteer translators provide us with translations in
languages other than their native one, I can not refuse them. And when
native speakers can have a look at the work produced and help improve the
work, this is awesome.

In the process of the W3C volunteer translations we do not demand that
they be perfect, because this is the scope of the W3C Authorized
Translations. Of course, we hope that the translations that are in the
Translations database are of good quality. Ignoring translations made by
non-native speakers is not an option. We can not assume they are bad, not
an option at all. By the same token, we should not assume translations
made by native speakers are necessarily good.

The option is to discuss the work done, send comments and suggestions.
Just like recently, attacks aside.

I am hearing Thomas Ziegler is working on refining the submitted
translations, based on the comments he received (so thank you for pointing
out), with people from this list and with his translators, and I am
pleased because I find this approach very reasonable and profesionnal.

[...]

--
Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR