Re: Regarding the importance of multilingualism

Hi all,

I agree in that the peer revision model is a good first step.

As far as translations into Spanish is concerned, since 1998 there is a
group of Translators in the SIDAR Seminar [1], which was established
precisely to facilitate the possibility that the Spanish translations are
reviewed by other translators before publication, in a way that ensure a
minimally acceptable level. The group has agreed a workflow, rules of style
and features a glossary to facilitate the homogenization of the translation
of technical terms or neologisms.

All the spanish translators are invited to be part of the group [2].

This group of translators is also available to be part of the official
translation teams, and indeed some of they participated actively and
tirelessly, on behalf of the Sidar Foundationin, in the first official
translation existing  [3].

Best regards,
Emmanuelle

[1] http://www.sidar.org/presen/