Re: tableless-css-layout fixes

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:12:51 +0200, Alexey <mainpart@211.ru> wrote:

> Hello Coralie. According to your letter:
>
>> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate
>> [[ Prominently disclose in the target language the following 3 items:
>> 1. the original URL, the status of the document, and its original
> copyright notice.
>
> i've fixed source URL link but copyright notice and status are absent in
> document. i guess it's stable document, howether it's just a guess. where
> should i get status and notice to translate? i've made a link to
> "Intellectual Rights FAQ" at header but i can't guess is it enough?
>
>>    2. that the normative version of the specification is the English
> version found at the W3C site.
>
> this absent in that doc too. how can i get them?
>
>>    3. that the translated document may contain errors from the
> translation. ]]
>
> This issue is fixed. Thanks.

Hello Alexey

Apparently you didn't get the e-mail I sent you personnally in the early
afternoon.
Here's what it said:

===================

>> [[
>> Prominently disclose in the target language the following 3 items:
>>
>>     1. the original URL, the status of the document, and its original
>> copyright notice.
>
> i've fixed original URL link but copyright notice and status are absent
> in
> document.
> i guess it's stable document, howether it's just a guess. where
> should i get them to translate?

Nevermind the status of the doc and the copyright. Some documents do not
have them. Typically, they are found in the recommendations.

> i've made a link to "Intellectual Rights
> FAQ" at header but i can't guess is it enough?

It is too much :)
There is no point, really, to make a link to the IPR FAQ. You may remove
it.

>>     2. that the normative version of the specification is the English
>> version found at the W3C site.
>
> this absent in that doc too. how can i get them?

It is absent in all the English documents, because they are the original
documents. Therefore there is no need to state this.
The translators must write this piece of text, in their language, as part
of the prominent disclaimer.

Since it's not a specification that you have translated, I suggest you
translate into Russian:

" The normative version of the document is the English version found at
the W3C site. "

>>     3. that the translated document may contain errors from the
>> translation.
>> ]]
>
> This issue is fixed.

Thanks!

Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR