Re: Images on the page I translate

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:31:56 +0200
To: "Ajeet Khurana" <kits_ajeet@hotmail.com>, "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, w3c-translators@w3.org

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:03:05 +0200, Ajeet Khurana <kits_ajeet@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Quick question on images: When I create the translation, should I host
> the images included in the original W3 document, or should I hotlink to
> the W3 image?
> Thanks
> Ajeet

Thanks Ajeet for asking this.

Images which content does not need to be translated for the purpose of the
translation could be original W3C ones and their original URI kept. But
you may very well copy them and host them yourself if you'd like.

But images which contente needs to be translated for the purpose of the
translation (such as a screenshot, for example), should be hosted by the
translator.

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/