Translating style sheets (Re: The Russian translation of the "How to add style to XML")

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:29:56 +0200
To: w3c-translators@w3.org

A hint for translators of CSS-related pages:

wrote:

> > I can't just link to original files at
> > w3.org --- for example, there are a "Local links" generated text
> > which needs to be translated.

It's OK to copy the style sheets and translate the words "Local links"
to your own language. But if you rather link to the style sheets on the
W3C site, I can also add the translated words there. You'll need to
tell me what the translation of "Local links" in your language is. And
the translated HTML document must starts with something like

("es" is for Spanish. Other languages need other codes.) Then the
document will automatically display the text "Enlaces locales" instead
of "Local links" and analogous for other languages.

Note for CSS experts: the actual rule I use is
div.map:lang(es):before {content: "Enlaces locales"}

Bert