Re: w3c-translators-persian/farsi

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:54:02 +0200, raoof kh <yoursite2web@gmail.com>
wrote:

[...]

>  Dear sirs now I like to know that whether we start our translation work
> respectively from the introduced pages in the page:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/#Recommendations or not?
>
> raoof khalil aqayi
> iran (mahabad)
> yoursite2web.com / yoursite2web.net (Beta)

Dear Raoof Khalil Aqayi

Thank you for writing.

First, please, select a W3C document to translate (either a W3C
recommendation, or a Group Note or any of the W3C outreach material
available), and inform us that you intend to translate it into
Persian/Farsi.

Below are important matters that I'd like to point you to.

## Policy ##
The instructions on the W3C Translations page [1] should be followed, and
translators should check they agree to section "Can I translate one of
your specifications into another language?" in the W3C's intellectual
rights FAQ [2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate

## Inform us first ##
Send an email to w3c-translators@w3.org before starting the translation
and announce your intention. This is to ensure you're working on proper
material and avoid duplicate work.

## What to translate ##
      * W3C Recommendations
      * Group Notes
      * W3C Outreach materials (Articles, Tutorials)

## Character encoding
Please use UTF-8.

## Markup ##
Please, preserve the original markup.
W3C provides a set of validators to ensure that your production has valid
markup [3], valid links and anchors [4] and valid CSS stylesheets [5].

[3] http://validator.w3.org/
[4] http://validator.w3.org/checklink
[5] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

## Keywords and description meta-data ##
You may replace the English text or add a translation alongside. If you
leave the English meta in, please ensure that there are lang="en" and
xml:lang="en" attributes attached to it.

## Copyright ##
The copyright notice should be left at the bottom of the page, intact and
in English, as described in the W3C Document License [6].

[6] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231

Coralie Mercier  Communications | Administration  mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004 route des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/