Re: Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Third Edition) - hungarian translation

Coralie Mercier wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:27:11 +0200, Gabor Lajos Mate
> <gabor.lajos.mate@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the hungarian translation of the of the 3rd edition of  the XML
>> 1.0specification is ready now.
>> You can find it at the URL:
>> http://mgl.uw.hu/XML1_0_3rd/Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1_0 (Third
>> Edition).htm
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Mate Gabor
>
> Hello Mate Gabor
>
> Thanks a lot for your translation!
> It's now in the database:
>
> <http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Query?lang=hu&translator=any&date=any&docSelection=choose&rec=REC-xml&note=none&tut=none&wai=none&i18n=none&qa=none&misc=none&sorting=byTechnology&output=FullHTML&submit=Submit>

Dear Coralie and Gabor,

There _are_  more (not announced) Hungarian translations of this
document (Gabor knows it as well), and I tried to persuade the authors
to harmonize their technical "vocabulary". There wasn't understanding in
more questions, so this procedure doesn't finish.

All of the other technical translations on the
http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Lists/ListLang-hu.html page are
authorized! I wouldn't like that a technical translation could come out
in this list without our review. Our office has enough technical
knowledge to do it, but not enough time. However I would like to manage
when and how one Hungarian translation coming out.

What I suggest:
This translation doesn't suit our use (published in our wikipage about
translations of W3C documents,
http://www.w3c.hu/wiki/forditas/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage), as I
translate the W3C News, and others. All the other translators, who are
in connection with us use this also.
So I suggest to review the document in conjunction with the Hungarian
Office and the other translators, and remove it from the database until
we have an official version. Could it work, Coralie?

Gabor, if you would like quick review, you can write me an email to talk
about how we can do it.

Best regards,

   Eva Megyaszai

P.s.: Coralie, could you tell me why the OWL and RDF Hungarian
translations (listed at
http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Lists/ListLang-hu.html) are not
at http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Lists/ListAuth.html ? When
those got ready, another person was the coordinator of the W3C Hungarian
Office (I was at home with my baby), so I don't know, what was announced
to the Consortium, but those documents went through the steps mentioned
in http://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy.html#Disclamier, and it
was reviewed in our academical institute also. So those as I know, those
are authorized.
--
Coordinator of the World Wide Web Consortium Hungarian Office
MTA SZTAKI