Re: WCAG 1.0 official translation to Catalan LTO submission of intent

Dear Mireia,

first of all, I must apologize to be so late with the answer. It was an
unlucky coincidence of lots of travels of all concerned with an extra
load created by a closing review for an European Union project... Again,
sorry about that delay.

We were all impressed by the thoroughness and thoughtfulness of your
submission. We have also checked and we are perfectly satisfied by the
list of participants, which fulfil our requirements. We have only very
minor comments, which are as follows:

- according to 1.1.2 of the Translation Policy [1] we would need some
written and publicly visible trace that all participants of your project
are indeed ready to contribute. A simple email from them to me will
perfectly do, I will then archive those on our publicly visible email
archive for further reference. (It is not necessary to copy those mails
to the translators' mailing list.)

- I know that we have a direct reference to the WAI Glossary, and thank
you for having included this in the submission. The problem (and this
clearly our problem!) is that this Glossary is not yet final. As a
consequence, we can waive for now the requirement of translating the
whole Glossary first. Of course I presume a Catalan version of the
Glossary, or at least of the terms used in the WCAG, will be created as
a by-product of the work and it would be nice to have that be made
available in some public form. However, you can start with the WCAG
translation right away.

That is it. I wish you good luck with your project and we are excited to
see the result!

Sincerely,

Ivan Herman

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy.html

--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices