Re: Inconsistency of w3c translations

Hi Alois,

first of all, thank you for your kind words!

As usual, the problem is with the legacy data. Newer recommendations,
that have been published after the translation management system was
renewed a few years ago, use indeed the URI right into the search
system. Look at, for example,

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-xml-id-20050909/

for XML-ID which does exactly that. The one you refer to, ie, SOAP 1.2
Primer, was published earlier, and indeed, got out of date:-( That is
what happens when manual updates is necessary, I am afraid... And we
indeed do not change older recommendations on-site.

For this case I will contact the maintener of that page. Using a
dynamically generated page is perfectly possible, maybe this is what he
will choose to do...

Thanks again!

Ivan

--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices