RE: [REC-CHARMOD] Translation Complete

JJS,

I flushed my cache, but no change.  It also seems suspicious to me that I
should be routed to the document ok if I add fr to my browser
accept-language list, but not otherwise.

Is your file called xxx.fr.html or some such?  If so, your Apache server may
have default settings that cause language negotiation to take place. In the
absence of a default-fallback mechanism, this will cause problems if the
user doesn't doesn't have fr in their language preferences (depending on
your setup, you may find useful info in this regard in
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-apache-lang-neg).

RI

PS: Please also note that the document fails both the HTML and CSS
validators.

Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info: