Re[2]: Is the New List Possible

On 2005-01-06T19:11:07+03:00 Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> I will try to inquire with our system gurus a.k.a. system wizards.
> In the meantime, I would like to know how many Russian translators
> would be interested by such a mailing list, ie, whether there is a
> real demand for it. If there is, I am sure we can do something.

Thank you for the quick response. I'm not sure there currently are a
lot of Russian translators: my address book gives about 25 names. I
tried to collect all of the names from the archives and the old
translation page so I guess there are 30 translators at most.

Is this a real demand? Not quite, I guess, especially given that most
of these translators are inactive (or almost inactive). But as I see
it, the mission of such list would be to *encourage* participation and
involvement. The sole existence of the list cannot convince the people
to join and translate. The discussion can do that.

Alex
--
  Alexander Savenkov                            http://www.xmlhack.ru/
  savenkov@xmlhack.ru             http://www.xmlhack.ru/authors/croll/