RE: Translation of your(W3C) Technical Imformal Reports(retry)

Dear Mr. Katuragawa,

I'm very sorry that my answer to your mail got so late.

返事が遅くなってしまって大変申し訳ありません。

At 23:45 02/11/26 +0900, Katuragawa wrote:

>Dear Manager.
>
>Thank you for your favor to let us allow to translate your technical
>informal report for INTAP homepage.

We do not actually have any record of having approved any translations.
According to our Copyright FAQ
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#translate,
we give automatic permission to
translate Technical Reports (documents listed on http://www.w3.org/TR/),
but not other documents.
For other documents, you have to ask for permission first.
In any case, you have to notify us of your intent to translate,
and not only of the final translation.

翻訳を許可した記録が残念ながら見つかりませんでした。Technical Report
  (http://www.w3.org/TR/ にリストされたもの) について許可が
(Copyright FAQ に従えば) 自動的にもらえますが、他の文書の場合には
事前の許可が必要です。いずれにして翻訳の前に w3c-translators@w3.org
に連絡する必要があります。

In any case, but without prejudice, we give you permission to translate
for the translations you have listed, under the conditions listed below.
But please make sure that you request permission to translate in advance
for other, similar documents in the future.

今回は翻訳を許可してもいいですが、とにかく次回に事前に是非
許可をお願いしてください。

>We translated the some your technical informal reports into Japanese.
>We hope W3C links to our following URLs.

Given the large number of documents that you have translated,
and the fact that our translation lists concentrate on specifications,
we plan to just list pointers to some overview page at your site.
We hope that this is acceptable for you.

翻訳の数も多くて、翻訳のリストはもともと仕様書をメーンにして
できていますので、そちらのサイトの翻訳のリストへのリンクに
限りたいですが、いかがでしょうか。

Please be careful. This is http://www.w3.org/RDF/FAQ,
not http://www.w3.org/RDF/FAQ/.

>    ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/1-3.html
>      訳:上田健次<k-ueda@qb.jp.nec.com>
>
>TR集(以下は全てTR集)

I am not sure why you call the documents below Technical
Reports. According to W3C, a Technical Report is a document
listed on the TR page at http://www.w3.org/TR. The documents
below are not. Using an URI that contains /TR/ for the
translation may be confusing. Please do not use such an
URI for future translations. (but please don't change
the URIs for already existing translations)

> 技術ノート

These documents are not Notes according to the W3C.
Please make sure that their status is not misrepresented.

以下のものは Note ではありませんので誤解のないようにお願いします。

> ・What the semantic Web isn't but can represent (1998)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/RDFnot.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-1.html
>   訳:布目光生<fume@eel.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・RDF and Relational databases (1998) (link added 2001)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/RDB-RDF.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-2.html
>      訳:布目光生<fume@eel.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Conceptual Graphs and the semantic Web (2001)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CG.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-3.pdf
>   訳:布目光生<fume@eel.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Why RDF model is not exactly the XML model (1999)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/RDF-XML.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-4.pdf
>     訳:清水昇<shimizu@intap.or.jp>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Assumed syntax - a simpler RDF syntax used in the following. (1999)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Syntax.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-5.html
>      訳:佐藤宏之<sato.hiroyuki@lab.ntt.co.jp>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Identity: how to identify what in RDF (2000/02)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Identity.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-6.html
>      訳:細見格<i-hosomi@ay.jp.nec.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Interpretation expressed as RDF property (language, etc)(2000/03)
>   ・original
>http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/InterpretationProperties.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-7.pdf
>      訳:細見格<i-hosomi@ay.jp.nec.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Semantic Web Toolbox: Logic & trust in XML-RDF?(1999)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Toolbox.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-8.pdf
>      訳:森田幸伯<morita454@oki.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Semantics and Interpretation (and dig.sig.) (1999/12/1)
>Philosophical bits
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Interpretation.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-9.pdf
>      訳:森田幸伯<morita454@oki.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Logic and the semantic web (1999)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Logic.html
>    ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-10.html
>      訳:津田宏<htsuda@jp.fujitsu.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Rules and facts: Inference engines and the Semantic Web (2000/1)
>   ・original http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Rules.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-11.html
>      訳:津田宏<htsuda@jp.fujitsu.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Limiting the damage of an inconsistency (2000/1)
> [...]

For all the above documents, I have asked Tim Berners-Lee,
and he is okay with the translation under the following
conditions:
- That you have a pointer to the original.
- That you say that the translation may have errors,...
- That you say that the original may change.

I did not check all the translations, but for example
http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/2-1.html
contains:
内容の保証はいたしかねますので、必ず正式版文書を参照して下さい。

Can you please make sure that this sentence is changed so
that it explicitly notes that the original may change?

> 技術ノート
> ・The Web Ontology Language (OWL)
>   ・original
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jan/att-0061/01-sw
>ol.text
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/7-1.html
>      訳:今村誠<imamura@isl.melco.co.jp>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Use cases on collection management
>   ・original
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Jan/att-0019/01-part
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/8-1.html
>      訳:清野正樹<kiyono@trl.mei.co.jp>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Content Interoperability Use Case final draft
>   ・original
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jan/0066.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/8-2.html
>       訳:上田健次<k-ueda@qb.jp.nec.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・Web services use cases
>   ・original
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jan/0083.html
>    ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/8-3.html
>      訳:小倉弘敬<hogura@jp.ibm.com>
>
> 技術ノート
> ・General Requirements document
>   ・original
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jan/0062.html
>     ・http://www.net.intap.or.jp/INTAP/s-web/data/TR/8-4.html
>      訳:清野正樹<kiyono@trl.mei.co.jp>

For the last five documents, please add a note saying that
there may be newer versions of these documents in other
locations on the W3C web site, or they may have been
integrated into other documents or abandoned.

With kind regards,    Martin.