Re: [Moderator Action] Plan to translate XML document ex

Hello Karen,

Many thanks for your notice. Please make sure that you tell us which
language(s) you are going to translate into. Also, you are talking about
translating 'excepts'. To ensure the integrity of our Recommendations,
we do in general not allow partial translations. We may be able to
allow it in your case, but we need more informations on the details
(what excepts, how they will be marked up and annotated,...).

Regards,   Martin.

At 10:38 01/11/14 -0500, Karen Barney wrote:
>We plan to translate excepts from http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml that we have
>annotated in our upcoming COBOL manual. We have read and adhered to the
>conditions under "5.8 Can I annotate one of your specifications?" and "5.6
>Can I translate one of your specifications into another language?". This
>serves to notify you of our plans.
>
>We understand that we need to inform you when we've completed and published
>the translation.
>
>Regards,
>           Karen Barney
>   Languages Information Development
>Phone:  775-831-4853
>"Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans." Thomas
>LaMance

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, I18N Activity Lead, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org/People/D%C3%BCrst