Tooooo long someone help

From: by way of <omoti@n24.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:51:24 +0900
To: w3c-translators@w3.org
Hi Translators.

I am translating
Intellectual Property FAQ
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html

and have encountered a very long sentence.

My small brain can not understand the meaning.

Someone please explain me what the sentence is trying to say.

Annotation systems which do not require the
source document to be copied or changed in anyway by the
annotator are not covered by this answer unless the display
resulting from their implementation is likely to lead to
misrepresentations or confusion regarding the technical content
and STATUS of a W3C document.

Thank you.

Omoti
http://www.net24.ne.jp/~omoti/