Re: Authoring Tool Guidelins into Japanese

Hello Jun,

Many thanks for your quick answer.

At 00/07/26 23:06 +0900, Ishikawa Jun wrote:

>Reply "Martin J. Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>'s message:
>

>   Hello Martin,
>   Thank you for comment.
>

> > - The W3C icon is broken. Please set
> >src="http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_home".
>   It's fixed now.

Nice.

> > - Please say that the translation may contain errors, as requested in
> >    http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#translate.
>   Disclaimer is already mentioned in Japanese.
>   Is it better to mention it in English as well?

It's not a problem of English or Japanese, it's that the disclaimer
doesn't say all the things it should say. From:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#translate

2.Prominently disclose in the target language the following 3 items:
         1.the original URL, the status of the document,
           and its original copyright notice.
         2.that the normative version of the specification is
           the English version found at the W3C site.
         3.that the translated document may contain errors from the
translation.

Point 1 is done inside the translation (by just translating the original).
Point 2 is done by you in the Note at the beginning.
Point 3 is missing. It can be added e.g. as

[everybody, please excuse me to use Japanese here]
また、翻訳に誤りがある可能性に留意してください。
in http://www2.airnet.ne.jp/sardine/docs/WD-xhtml-basic-20000210/Overview.html,
or as この翻訳は原文と技術的に等価なことを意図しているが,
翻訳上の誤りはあり得る。