Re: W3C XHTML 1.0 Translation [Chinese/Big5]

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 20:17:05 +0900
To: shell@hkscript.com
Cc: w3c-translators@w3.org
Hi,

Shell Hung <shell@hkscript.com> wrote:

> 	We have translated XHTML 1.0 W3C Recommandation to Chinese/Big5,
> and the translated document is under the Translation Rules of W3C, here
> is the information of the translated document :

Thank you very much for your translation.  I have listed your
translation at: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/translations#xhtml1

By the way,

>    Translated Version : http://xhtml.w3c.hkscript.com

This translated version is written in XHTML 1.0 Strict, like
the original version, but it seems there's a few markup errors
in the document, thus making this document not strictly conforming
XHTML document.  Could you fix those errors?  For error reports,
take a look at:

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fxhtml.w3c.hkscript.com%2F

Also, the translated version is encoded in Big5, so there must be
an XML declaration at the beginning of the document, like:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Big5"?>

Please refer to the last paragraph of "3.1.1 Strictly Conforming
Documents" of the XHTML 1.0 specification, at:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126/#strict

or

   http://xhtml.w3c.hkscript.com/#strict

in your translation.

And if possible, could you configure your Web server so that
an appropriate charset parameter (charset=Big5) is added to
the "Content-Type" HTTP response header?

Thanks,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium