Fw: [XHTML 1.0] French Version + Commentaries

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 23:02:58 +0100
  • Subject: [XHTML 1.0] French Version + Commentaries
  • To: www-html-editor@w3.org, dsr@w3.org
Dear authors,
Dear Dave,

I've just finished to translate to a french version XHTML 1.0

It's now available at

	http://www.la-grange.net/w3c/xhtml1/index.html

* Commentaries :
----------------

1/ Internationalization
------------------------
It could be very interesting to have on the consortium site a note about
the translations and the exact meaning of keywords in different
languages It could be an international effort. I mean

It will become a *** multilingual glossary *** of the consortium that
translators, writers, technicians, teachers... could take as reference

2/ About 3.2 User Agent Conformance
------------------------------------
2.1/
----
.AN+ ... (what look like words in Arabic to an English eye frequently
encode several words, e.g. 'kitAbuhum' = 'kitAbu-hum' = 'book them' ==
their book) ... N;

it will be better to have :

N+ ... (what look like words in Arabic to a latine languages eye
frequently encode several words, e.g. 'kitAbuhum' = 'kitAbu-hum' = 'book
them' == their book) ... N;

2.2/
----
 N+ ... languages in the Chinese script tradition typically neither
encode such
              delimiters nor use typographic whitespace in this way ...
N;

It was the case at the ancien times for the roman civilization, there
was no typographic whitespaces.

3/ HTML Source
Sometimes, I think you forget the &nbsp; character between HTML and 4.

Any commentaries are welcome to improve this french document

Best Regards.
--
Karl Dubost, karl@la-grange.net
http://www.la-grange.net/