Re: XHTML 1.0 Proposed Recomendation in Spanish

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:08:10 +0900
To: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, "Juan L. Lara" <laraj@grupocp.es>
Cc: w3c-translators@w3.org
Hello Dave, Juan:

Using the W3C logo, directly from the W3C site, is okay if done
correctly. Please see the example at
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/translation-example.html
referenced from the Copyright FAQ
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ.html#translate.

However, there are a few other things that can and should
be improved:

- Please try to make sure that the 'W3C Proposed Recommendation'
  icon starts at the same height as the actual translation,
  not before.

- Please put the disclaimers on the translation (i.e. "(Los posibles
  errores presentes en este documento"...) in the header before
  the translation.

- Please add a sentence saying that the normative version of the
  specification is the English version found at the W3C site.

- Please move all logos of translators to the header.

- Please make sure that all browsers know the character encoding
  of the document. Please see
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html#h-5.2.2 on how to
  do that.

Regards,   Martin.

At 13:03 1999/12/18 +0000, Dave Raggett wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Juan L. Lara wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I forgot to write down the URLs.
> >
> > http://www.rppapm.es/sidar/traduc/xhtml1.htm
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://www.grupocp.net/tech/xhtml1.htm
> >
> > They just differ in the position of the images of the two logos.
> >
> > "Juan L. Lara" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Dave,
> > >
> > > I've translated the XHTML 1.0 Proposed Recomendation (1999/12/10) into
> > > Spanish.
>
> I notice that the W3C Proposed Recommendation background image is
> missing from both locations. Would it be possible for you to fix
> this? I am also unsure what the W3C's policy is on the use of the
> W3C logo for translations. I am checking this with our
> Communications team. The 2nd URL pointed to a broken document
> when I viewed it.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett
> tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)
> World Wide Web Consortium (on assignment from HP Labs)

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org