How to translate (was: Re: Hebrew translation)

At 09:11 1999/10/13 +0200, Edith Ohri wrote:
> To: Martin J. Du"rst
>     World Wide Web Consortium
>
> I joint you on Jan. 1998, but has not been active due to an overload (sorry).
> However now I can start the translation to Hebrew.
> My questions in regard to that are:
> (1) Is the html4.0.zip version still in effect or I have to download a new one?

To find the newest version of a spec, please always check
http://www.w3.org/TR/. For HTML 4.0, you can find:

Proposed Recommendations
              24 August: HTML 4.01 Specification - This document is an upgraded
              Recommendation, first issued 18 December 1997, revised 24 April 1998 -
              Review Ends 22 September 1999

and
HTML 4.0 Specification
              18 December 1997, revised 24 April 1998. Dave Raggett,
              Arnaud Le Hors, Ian Jacobs

This means that if you start now, what you want to end up is a translation
of HTML 4.01 when and if it becomes a Recommendation.

> (2) Did anybody from Israel start translating?

For this, please check the mails in the archive of this list at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org